Type of Program : Fully Funded
Hi Youth Leader!. You must be familiar with United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). Are you also familiar with Man and the Biosphere (MAB) Programme of UNESCO? Well, The MAB Secretariat offers, in collaboration with the Regional Bureau located in Venice, gives an opportunity for young people who are passionate about the special territories in which they live to become active in the MAB Programme and to contribute to the sustainable development of their communities, in line with the Lima Action Plan. It will be held again and take place from 18 to 23 September 2017 in the heart of the Biosphere Reserve of the Po Delta. The organizers of the Forum will be able to cover the travel costs for up to 100 participants, particularly those from Least Developed Countries and Small Island Developing States. In addition, the Organization will pay for the accommodation costs of a maximum of 250 participants.
A large-scale, online consultation will shortly be implemented among youth stakeholders of the MAB, which will provide an opportunity to define their expectations and the issues which will be debated during the Forum. At the moment, there are 3 thematic areas which will be implemented:
- The contribution of young people to the life of Biosphere Reserves
- Research and studies into the sustainable development of Biosphere Reserves
- A sustainable future for the youth of Biosphere Reserves
- The Forum is addressed to youth aged between 18 and 35 who live or work in Biosphere Reserves, or who study or conduct research in these areas.
- The participants will be nominated by their respective biosphere reserve managers/coordinators, and supported by their MAB National Committees.
- The organizers will promote a gender parity in the Forum participation and, considering the 3 main thematic areas of the Forum, the following 3 main categories of participants should be also equally represented:
- Youth active in the civil society (associations) of their territory
- Youth dedicating their studies/research to their territory
- Youth earning their livelihood within the Biosphere Reserve
- A good knowledge of English is required, since it will be the lingua franca of all activities of the Forum.
How to Enroll:
- Potential participants are invited to fill out the application form at : http://www.MYForum2017.com
- Attaching a motivation letter and a letter of recommendation/support from their Biosphere Reserve.
- MAB Youth ambassadors (ideally one per region of the world) will be designated at the end of the Forum and charged with the mission of: representing the MAB Youth community during the 2017 UNESCO Youth Forum in Paris and presenting the messages from the Forum to the International Co-ordinating Council of the MAB Programme in June 2018.