Stanford University, officially Leland Stanford Junior University, is a private research university in Stanford, California, adjacent to Palo Alto and between San Jose and San Francisco. Stnford University gives the scholarship opportunity for Applied Music major student. The Applied Music Scholarship Program has provided means for Stanford students to continue study in applied music. There are over 100 awards granted each quarter in support of music practice. This scholarship is available for private lessons only, the group lessons are ineligible for scholarship. Scholarship is offered on a sliding scale based on need.
Basic scholarship requirements:
- Submit the scholarship application form by the quarterly deadline
- Enroll in your lesson course for 3 units and a letter grade (undergraduates only)
- Write a thank you note or provide a marketing deliverable by the indicated deadline (communicated via email)
- Upon patron assignment, invite your scholarship patron to all of your performances, and include a thank you byline in your recital program content.
Your Friends of Music scholarship amount will be mainly determined by your:
- University financial aid ranking (how much aid you receive from university.
- Level of involvement with Department ensembles, classes and other activities
- Other indicated need.
The scholarship application period for winter quarter is now CLOSED. However, the scholarship form is always available on the first day of a quarter, and is due by the Final Study List Deadline (Friday of Week 3 by 5pm).