Hi Youth Leader! Do your team currently need funds for your research? Wellcome office in London is offering the fellowship program for you which are now researching about public health and other linkage of it. This scheme helps mid-career researchers from low- and middle-income countries establish independent research programmes in those countries. The scheme aims to support research that will improve public health and tropical medicine at a local, national and global level.
Level of funding:
- A basic salary (determined by your host organisation)
- Personal removal expenses
- Research expenses covered
Duration of funding:
Eligibility and suitability:
- You can apply for an Intermediate Fellowship in Public Health and Tropical Medicine if you’re a researcher based in a low- or middle-income country.
- You should be driving your own research and be ready to lead an independent research programme.
- You have a PhD or a degree in medicine and are qualified to enter higher specialist training
- You have significant research experience
- You have made important contributions to your area of research eg publications, patents, software development or an impact on health policy or practice.
- This scheme may be of particular interest if you’re an early-career fellow (such as a Training Fellow in Public Health and Tropical Medicine) and this fellowship is the next step in your career as a research scientist.
- You must have an eligible sponsoring organisation in a low- or middle-income country that will administer the fellowship for the full duration of the award.
What will be reviewed:
- Your research contributions
- The scientific merit of your proposed project
- The significance of the research
- The feasibility of your proposal
- The suitability of your sponsor and host environment for both your research and for the development of your independent career.
8 May 2017
If you are interested to this offer, please check the official website meticulously: https://wellcome.ac.uk/funding/intermediate-fellowships-public-health-and-tropical-medicine