Form of Scholarship :
There are two international Merit Scholarship levels. Freshmen and transfer applicants are eligible for both levels of awards:
Gold : $8,000/year (renewable)
Cardinal : $4,000/year (renewable)
Iowa State is now offering the scholarship for international students at the universitys’ state named Iowa State University International Merit Scholarships Award. The International Merit Scholarship is awarded to students who have demonstrated strong academic achievement, and outstanding talent or achievements in one or more of the following areas: math and sciences, the arts, extracurricular activities, community service, leadership, innovation, or entrepreneurship.
Incoming international freshmen applicants and international transfer applicants with fewer than 66 transferrable semester credits.
- A cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) comparable to a minimum of 3.0 out of 4.0 (B)
- The SAT is not required, but if submitted, it will be considered
- A resume or CV listing your achievements
- One letter of recommendation
- A 500-word essay. You may write something that will help the committee get to know you better and tell us why you deserve the award, or you may answer one of the questions provided on the scholarship application form
- Applicants must be international students and must have completed an international application for admission
1 March 2017 (Fall)
1 October 2017 (Spring)
Official website: https://www.admissions.iastate.edu/intl/merit_scholarships.php