Hi Youth Leader, if you have a plan to get your master degree in mental health, this info is probably fit into you. The MSc Global Mental Health course is a joint programme provided by the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine and the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience, King’s College London. The course aims to provide students with the knowledge and skills to initiate, develop and oversee mental health programmes and/or policies in low-resource settings, as well as to conduct and critically evaluate research on global mental health. These skills and knowledge will make it possible for students to make valuable contributions in the domains of research, policy and practice as they relate to the discipline of global mental health.
Each scholarship will cover full tuition fees, a stipend (living allowance) of GBP 15,757.00 and an allowance of GBP 500.00 for MSc project expenses.
- Applicants must hold an offer of admission to the MSc Global Mental Health commencing in 2017-18. To apply please follow the application instructions on the King’s College London course website.
- A strong preference will be given to applicants who are nationals of, and have been ordinarily resident in, low- and middle-income countries (as defined by the World Bank) for the last three years.
- Consideration will also be given to exceptional applicants who have extensive work or volunteer experience in low- and middle-income countries.
- Applicants from non-English speaking countries (as specified by the Home Office – UKVI) must meet the minimum English Language Requirements if shortlisted for this funding. Applicants should provide proof of English language proficiency as soon as possible, and at the very latest at the time they are advised that they have been short-listed for this funding, by submitting a copy of their IELTS results to the Scholarships Team at LSHTM: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply:
Applicants should submit:
- An application for study for the MSc Global Mental Health course through the King’s College London online application portal.
- A Scholarship Application, via the School’s Online Scholarship Application, indicating that you are applying for the Janssen Pharmaceutica Scholarship.
- As part of this application you should submit a Janssen Pharmaceutica Scholarship Supplementary Questions sheet.
28 February 2017.