Prize : The winner and runner up for each category will be invited to attend Winner’s Week in October/November which includes cultural and educational programs.
The previous prizes include certificates, resources for the winner’s institution, a visit to Cambridge University, a trip to London, international job experience and other prizes.
The Royal Commonwealth Society is a network which connects Commonwealth citizen in all around the world and promotes the values of the Commonwealth through youth empowerment, education and advocacy.
The contest is conducted to honor HM Queen Elizabeth II’s role as the Head of the Commonwealth and Patron of the Royal Commonwealth Society. The theme of the Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2017 is A Commonwealth for Peace. The entrants are encouraged to explore peace in every aspect and every level and its relation to the Commonwealth.
Requirements and Guidelines :
- Open for the citizen and residence of Commonwealth and also citizens from Hong Kong, Ireland, The Gambia and Zimbabwe
- Aged 18 and under
- The essay is written in English
- The submission opens in any formats such as essay, poem, story, folktale, script, reportage, monologue and others writing form. Junior Category could submit their work in photos and drawing.
- Complete terms and conditions can be found here.
How to Participate:
- Create an online account on the official website
- Submit your work online
- Receive an automated reference number
Deadline : May 1st, 2017
Official Website : The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2017