This year United Nation opens internship opportunity for the quilify people arround the world. One of UN’s office, ESCWA, offers this internship program. The Economic Commission for Western Asia (ECWA) itself was established on 9 August 1973 pursuant to Economic and Social Council’s resolution 1818 (LV). Its purpose was to stimulate economic activity in member countries, strengthen cooperation between them promote development. The duration of an ESCWA internship is normally two months on a full time basis – and exceptionally extended for a maximum period of six months. ESCWA accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness incurred during an internship. This internship is located within the Sustainable Development Policies Division (SDPD) of the Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA).
Intern – Economic Affairs
Economic And Social Commission For Western Asia (ECWA)
Beirut, Lebanon, West Africa
- Applicant must be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Applicant must be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent) or have graduated with a university degree (as defined above)
- If the applicant is selected, he/she must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation;
- Applicant must be computer literate in standard software applications
- Applicant has a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter
- Applicant has a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which includes willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differrent opinions and views.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required. Knowledge of Arabic and French is desirable.
Internship Registration Period:
12 January 2017 – 30 December 2017
For detail information, please check the official website: https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=72706