This year United Nations is open internship opportunity for the quilify people arround the world. One of UN’s office, ICTY, offers this internship program. The International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) is a United Nations court of law dealing with war crimes that took place during the conflicts in the Balkans in the 1990’s. An ICTY internship is UNPAID and full-time. The duration of an ICTY internship can range from a minimum of three months to a maximum of six months, according to the needs of the intern’s assigned office.
Intern – Legal Affairs
International Criminal Tribunal For The Former Yugoslavia
The Ahue (Den Haag), Netherlands
- Applicant must be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher, or
- Applicant must be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent), or
- Applicant has graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above)
- If the applicant is selected, he/she must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.”
- Applicants must demonstrate technological awareness and be able to use computers.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required and knowledge of French and Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian will be considered an asset.
Interns will have the opportunity to work closely with CSSS and COU management, Court Officers, Pro Se Legal Liaison Officer and Judicial Archives Unit. Interns assist with a broad range of projects, including:
- Support on administrative legal issues for the daily tasks of the Court Officers
- Updating the database of the Victim and Witness Section
- Researching and drafting submissions, reports, and correspondence with internal and external authorities
- Research on judicial activities and elaboration of judicial advice related to issues concerning procedure and judicial practices of hearings
- Involvement with the arrival or departure of detained persons from/to The Hague.
- Interns may also perform routine tasks such as compiling and collating materials, and other duties as assigned by CSSS.
Internship Registration Period:
13 October 2016 – 14 October 2017
For detail information, please check the official website: https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=68270