This year United Nations opens internship opportunity for the quilified people arround the world. One of UN’s office, OHCHR, offers for this internship program. The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) represents the world’s commitment to universal ideal of human dignity. It has a unique mandate from the international community to promote and protect all human rights. Back to the internship offered, the Office of the High Commissioner on Human Rights internship is for a period of two to six months depending on the needs of the Section. The internship is unpaid and full-time, so that the travel costs, travel arrangements including visa and living accomodations are the responsibility of the intern or their sponsoring institution.
Intern – Human Rights
Office Of The High Commissioner For Human Rights
- Applicant must be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher, or
- Applicant must be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent), or
- Applicant has graduated with a university degree, as defined above.
- If the applicant selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
- Applicants for all countries are accepted and under-represented or un-represented countries in the UN are encouraged to apply.
- Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is highly desirable; knowledge of another UN language is an asset.
These intern’s tasks will include (but may not be limited to):
- Contributing to thematic reports or studies, which are taken through researching literature, international law and jurisprudence.
- Contributing to the preparation of official country visits, in particular through the drafting of country-specific human rights assessments.
- Analysing human rights issues contained in cases and complaints addressed to the mandate-holders.
- Drafting letters on particular cases and complaints taken up by the Special Rapporteurs, including summarizing the human rights violations alleged in the case and preparing a short legal analysis of these violations.
- Collecting information and carrying out research for the preparation of briefing notes, statements and other documents.
- Attending meetings with different stakeholders, in particular civil society representatives, and taking notes where appropriate.
- Attending sessions of the Human Rights Council and assisting with the preparation of related activities and events.
- Assisting in the organization of meetings and seminars.
Internship Registration Period:
03 November 2016 – 01 November 2017
For detail information, please check the official website: https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=69046a