Hi Youth Leader! Here we come again with the scholarship offering for you. And this time, it comes from University of Tsukuba, Japan. University of Tsukuba offers a range of different scholarship programmes for international students to help cover tuition fees or living costs to study in Japan. Applicants must be applying for 18-month master’s program in the field of Economic Policy or Public Policy at the University of Tsukuba. The PEPP started out in 1995 as the Master’s Program in Policy Management and it was part of the Graduate School of International Political Economy of the University of Tsukuba. The objective of the Program in Economic and Public Policy (PEPP) is to provide, within the time frame of 18 months, training and the necessary skills for the conception, design, and implementation of development policies.
The scholarship benefit covers:
- Economy class travel between the home country and Tsukuba with travel allowance set by donors
- Exam fee, entrance fee, tuition and other program fees
- Monthly stipend
- Medical insurance cost
Scholarships are available to students for pursuing master’s degree.
- Economics Course, leading to the degree of Master of Arts in Economics
- Public Policy Course leading to the degree of Master of Public Policy.
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with superior academic achievement.
- A TOEFL score of 600 or TOEFL iBT score of 100, or higher is preferred for admission. (“9995” is the TOEFL & GRE institution code number for the University of Tsukuba)
- Be in good health with respect to the capacity to be a productive scholar for the duration of the Graduate Program, as certified by a medical doctor.
- Be a national of an Asian Development Bank (ADB) borrowing member.
- Have at least two (2) years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application.
- Be not more than 35 years of age at the time of application.
- Agree to return to his/her home country after completion of studies under the Program.
- Not be an Executive Director, Alternate Director, management, staff or consultant of ADB, or a relative of the aforementioned. Staff of the JSP-designated institutions are not eligible to apply to their own institution.
- Not be living or working in a country other than his/her home country.
- Not be enrolled in other graduate degree programs.
28 February, 2017