Xianmen University (XMU) offers scholarships to doctoral, master’s and undergraduate candidates. Scholarship awardees will have their tuitions covered (a maximum of 4 years for doctoral programmes, 2 or 3 years for master’s programmes, 4 or 5 years for undergraduate programmes). Moreover, XMU provides monthly living allowances for outstanding master’s or doctoral candidates in accordance with the standards of Chinese Government Scholarships. The awardees’ academic performance will be assessed each year and only those achieving the required standard will have their scholarship renewed for the following year.
- Full funded
- monthly living allowances (for master’s or doctoral candidates)
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health.
- Educational background and age limits:
- Applicants for bachelor’s degree studies must have a high school diploma and be under the age of 25.
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 45.
Duration of scholarship
|Categories of applicants||Duration of study and scholarship|
|Undergraduate candidates||4-5 years|
|Master’s candidates||2-3 years|
|Doctoral candidates||4 years|
24 (including 8 for doctoral candidates, 11 for master’s candidates and 5 for undergraduate candidates)
April 30, 2017