Do you ever believe to “Urban Legend”? Sometimes urban legend can be a real one, but sometime urban legen is just “legend”. But, I got this 7 Urban Legend from South Korea. You can continue read this if you brave enough. Brace yourself tonight for this Korean Urban Legend.
- The Elevator Murderer
You decide to ride the elevator, you’re going up. The murderer will get in with you. He’ll wait for you to press a button and then he’ll press the button of the floor right below you. When you get to that floor, the door will open and the murderer will go out. As the doors are about to completely close, he will turn around and in the small opening between the two doors you’ll see his knife. Then you’ll hear him say, “I’m gonna kill you at the next floor”.
He’ll then run up the stairs and wait for you. When the doors open he will be there and will kill you. The worse part is not the death itself, but the sheer horror you’ll experience in between those two floors, when you’re trapped in the elevator and you know you’re going to get slashed.
- Come to Another World ( Elevator Ver. )
You must be in a 10+ Floor Building and in the elevator ALONE. If someone is in the elevator with you, it won’t work.
How to Come :
- Get on the elevator on the 1st floor.
- Press 4 and when you reach the 4th floor, don’t get out and press 2.
- When you reach 2nd floor, press 6.
- When you reach 6th floor, press 2.
- When you reach 2nd floor, press 10.
- When you reach 10th floor, press 5.
- When you reach the 5th floor, a girl will come in. That woman is not human. Don’t talk or look at the girl. If you do, she’ll take you away.
- Press 1, and if the elevator instead starts going up to the 10th floor, then you have succeeded. You will have reached another world where there is no one except you.
- If you get off at the 10th floor, the girl will ask, “Where are you going?” But don’t answer.
To return :
- If the woman doesn’t get on AND if you don’t get off at the 10th floor.
- If you don’t get off at the 10th floor, then press 1. If it doesn’t press, keep on pressing until it works.To return after you get off :
- You must use the same elevator to go back.
- Do the 4-2-6-2-10-5 combo again.
- After you reach the 5th floor, press 1.
- As you’re going up the 10th floor, press some other number to cancel.
- After you reach the 1st floor, check your surroundings.When you return to your house after you faint :
If you were to faint in the process and wake up to find yourself in your own house, there’s a high chance that you’ll be taken back to the world again.
What the otherworld looks like:
It looks the same as the town/buildling that you are from, but all the lights are off and you can only see a red cross in the distance.
There is no other living things there except yourself.
Some say electronics (cellphone, camera, etc.) don’t work while some say they do.
Also, some say that getting back to the real world is harder for some reason.
You get disorientated and forget the elevator you came on, or somehow the elevator seems to get further and further away as you walk towards it.
- 빨간마스크 / Red Mask Girl
The red mask girl is a popular horror story, which I believe originated in Japan ( Kuchisake-Onna ). However, it has also become popular in Korea. It has been added to the many stories used to scare school students. There was once a woman who underwent plastic surgery. However, the surgery went horribly wrong. The doctor accidentally cut her lips up all the way to her ears ( like a Joker ).
She covers her face up with a red surgical mask and asks people if she is pretty or not. If they say “no,” she cuts their mouth to match hers. If they say “yes,” she will scream that they are lying and cut open their throat. Another version says that she will cut your mouth according to your blood type. If you are type A, she’ll only cut 1cm, type B would be a little longer. But if you are type O or AB, she’ll slit your mouth up to your ears.
- The Corner Game
The Corner Game is a game that involves using nothing other than the four corners of a room. According to superstition, if you look at one of the corners of the dark room before you sleep, ghosts will come and haunt you.
This game requires each of the four players to sit in corners and rotate to arouse the spirit’s curiosity. People have reported that sometimes the ghost messes with the players and sometimes even plays along.
- Four people
- An empty room without furniture
- Rid the house of anyone/anything (i.e. pets) that isn’t a player.
- Turn off all the lights except for the ones in the room you’re playing in.
- Once you enter the selected room, call out your name three times.
- Talk amongst yourselves to decide who will give out signals. If someone who’s not the designated speaker talks during the game, all players might be injured.
- Close the door
- Each person picks a corner to stand in, and faces the wall.
Friend 1—Friend 4
Friend 2—Friend 3
- The person who’s supposed to give out the signal counts to three and then everyone rotates. If you accidentally run into the other player, quietly turn on the light and start again after a few seconds.
Friend 2—Friend 1
Friend 3—Friend 4
They say that during the game someone will disappear. If someone does disappear, then the person in charge of signaling the others lets everyone know.
To bring the person back:
Mutter your name backwards three times, press your back against the wall, and turn on the light.
- if one of the players is still standing in one spot, then assume it’s a ghost. After the signal, go behind the person.
- When all four players gather around with their backs to the wall, place your hands on the switch, whisper each other’s name backwards three times, and flip the switch.
- After the game, open all the doors in order and refresh the room for 1-2 minutes.
- 미용깨 / Cosmetic Sesame
Once, there was a girl who was worried about her sin getting old and wrinkled. This girl was the type of person that would pretty much try every method there is to make your skin better. She heard from someone that if you put sesame seeds in the water of your bath, it will be good for your skin.
The girl tried this method right away. After a few hours in the bathtub, she would still not come out of the bathroom. She’d only say “just a moment” when someone tried to enter. Her mother grew suspicious and forced open the bathroom door which was locked.
Then she saw that an innumerable amount of sesame seeds had attached themselves between every small wrinkle and pore and had started to grow roots. Her daughter seemed like she had lost her mind and was frantically trying to remove the seeds with a toothpick.
- The Toilet Ghost
This is a popular Korean urban legend about a ghost living in a toilet, or I think it’s from japan with a legend name “Aka Manto”.
The ghost most commonly dwells in squat toilets and appears by sticking its hand out of the bowl, it then asks you if you would prefer red toilet paper or blue toilet paper.
You will have to answer the question and the door will be locked if you try to escape. If you choose the red toilet paper, the ghost will skin you alive and leave your body red with blood. If you choose the blue toilet paper, the ghost will choke you death, leaving your death body become blue from suffocation.
And the legend said if you choose “white” paper he’ll let you go.
- Mul Gwinshin ( 물귀신 )
Mul gwishin (물귀신) are water ghosts, the lonely souls of those who have drowned. They don’t like being alone in the cold water, so they will grab swimmers and drag them down into the deep waters for company.
Mul gwishin is such a familiar gwishin that it has found itself into the Korean lexicon in the expression, “mul gwishin tactic” ( 물귀신 작전 ). It is used when you deliberately want to sabotage someone, in the vein of “if I’m going down, I’m not going down alone” kind of thing.
Like when you’re suddenly dumped with extra work at the office, you casually mention to your boss that your teammate is an excellent worker so he has to stay late, too. Classic mul gwishin tactic, that. And, maybe one of your friend right now is a Mul Gwinshin that will pull you off a cliff if you’re offguard